[ECOS] ecos on the pxa255

Jani Monoses jani@iv.ro
Tue Mar 23 08:54:00 GMT 2004

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 08:21:52 +0100
"Neundorf, Alexander" <Alexander.Neundorf@jenoptik.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm new to this list, ecos and the pxa255 :-)
> I am considering using ecos on the pxa255, and I found that there is
> some support for this chip in ecos. Holger Schurig told me that
> RedBoot is working, but the ecos support is not "complete".
>
> So, can you enlighten me a bit more on this topic ?
> Do you use ecos on this chip ? What is supported, what doesn't work at
> all, what works "kind of" ? Does the basic ecos work, i.e. irq
> handling, multithreading, MMU and things like this ?

If you look in the current CVS sources you'll see there are some pxa255
targets in hal/arm/xscale namely pxa2x0 (the common pxa code) and two
platforms mpc50 and ue250.
Basic ecos definitely works along with the serial devices. PCMCIA , MMC
and other devices are not (yet) officially supported in ecos.