[ECOS] JFFS2 "eating memory" when creating files

Andrew Lunn andrew@lunn.ch
Thu Mar 18 14:42:00 GMT 2004

> After making the attached changes to fs-ecos.c, things are looking much
> better, but JFFS2 still "eats" 24 bytes every time I open, write and
> close a file.

Im not sure i like this patch as is.

Question: What happens when you open/write/close the same file again
and again? Does it use the cached information or does it create a new
cache entry each time?

Im assuming it does reuse the cached information. Thats what a cache
is for. So keeping the cache around helps make the fs faster.

Your patch should be controlled by a configuration option which
controls is the cache is flushed on close and the default should be
not to flush the cache.

    Andrew