[ECOS] file system dependencies

Nick Garnett nickg@ecoscentric.com
Thu Mar 18 10:23:00 GMT 2004

Thomas Koeller <thomas.koeller@baslerweb.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> when building a Redboot configuration that includes
> FAT file system support I became aware of the fact
> that FAT file system packages wants to include
> kernel header files, although it does not declare a
> dependency on the kernel in its cdl.
>
> I wonder if the FAT package actually requires kernel
> services; I would not expect this to be the case for
> a file system. Wouldn't it be sufficient to include
> drv_api.h?

No effort has so far been made to make the FAT FS usable in
RedBoot. However, since JFFS2 works there, it should be possible to
make the FAT FS work there too. There are relatively few places where
the FAT FS needs to use kernel facilities, so converting to using
drv_api.h should be fairly easy. In fact, I suspect that it is mostly
just unnecessary headers that need to be removed.

If you would like to submit a patch I'm sure that it would be accepted.