[ECOS] Newbie question running the samples and general questions

Sagaert Johan sagaert_j@hotmail.com
Wed Mar 17 09:22:00 GMT 2004

Hi

A few days ago i received and installed my eCosCentric CD, i made a
synthetic linux target and after some strugling i managed to build the
examples.
that was ok so far ,next i did build the Motherboard  target ,at frst it
did'nt work becorse i forgot to change the target to FLOPPY startup type.

Since the synthetic runs under linux, i loses its RealTime strenghts , right
??

The 'Hello world seems to run ok, but the sample 'simple-alarm' stops after
displaying the first line.
Did i forgot some package to include when building the platform ? (some
package proving timing for the delay API ? )
I selected the 'default' .

I still have a question about running eCos apps on a PC mainboard :

>From what i have read in the manual ,i always need to startup with a floppy
,(redboot, grub or a binary written on the floppy )

Can i run my app on a system booting from a Harddisk ?

If not then maybe i should consider running RTLinux instead of eCos.

I am new to all this , so i would like some advice and comments.

Johan