[ECOS] RedBoot sequenecnumber generation

Roland Caßebohm roland.cassebohm@visionsystems.de
Mon Mar 15 16:52:00 GMT 2004

Hello,

i have a problem with RedBoot connecting to other hosts.

In RedBoot the initial sequencenumber for TCP is always the same.
If RedBoot try to connect to the same host and port multiple
times, it couldn't connect while the port is in TIME_WAIT state
on the host. I think this is because the thinks it gets old lost
packets and just drops them.

The attached patch solved the problem for me, but I think it is
maybe not what is really right. At least the part in do_retrans().
I have made it because although we get a pseudo random sequence-
number, it could be in the window of the previous connection and
if the SYN package are retransmitted with the same sequencenumber
it will not help.

Is this right what I have made?

Roland