[ECOS] Help with linux synthetic target, please.

Gordon Scott g.ecos.a@gscott.co.uk
Mon Mar 8 17:37:00 GMT 2004

On Mon, 8 Mar 2004, Bart Veer wrote:

> Unfortunately the fix came after the eCos 2.0 release. You can switch
> to anoncvs or a recent snapshot. Alternatively you can just add the
> following to the end of src/synth_entry.c:
>
> #if (__GNUC__ < 3)
> // 2.95.x libgcc.a __pure_virtual() calls __write().
> int __write(void)
> {
>     return -1;
> }
> #endif

That's painless, except my gcc is 3.3.2. Is this believed fixed in
3.3.2?

Oh, right .. that's the version that _libgcc_ belongs to. Presumably I
have an old libgcc. I definitely should fix that!

> Most eCos test cases do not use a main() function. Instead the various
> threads etc. are created in cyg_start() before the scheduler is
> started and interrupts are enabled - just an alternative way of doing
> things. You may want to look at some of the test cases to see how this
> works.

That was my plan, but I seemed to collect a bundle of other issues
before I got that far.

Thanks.

ATB,
	Gordon.
--
Gordon Scott				  http://www.gscott.co.uk

		Linux ... Because I like to *get* there today.

Hey, I'm looking for a new job!           See ->  http://www.gscott.co.uk