[ECOS] ROMFS help needed

Gary Thomas gary@mlbassoc.com
Mon Mar 8 09:06:00 GMT 2004

Please copy responses to the mailing list so that all may benefit.  Private
replies are only available to those with a service contract from MLB Associates.

Anthony Tonizzo said:
> Gary:
>
> Thanks very much for your reply. You truly seem to
> be all over the map when it comes to eCos...
>
>> Look at the MicroWindows demo programs I wrote - they
>> can use ROMFS.
>
> I have not been able to locate the exmaple you are referring
> to.

.../packages/services/gfx/mw/current/src/ecos/ecos_app.c

Look at this directory to see how MicroWindows applications can
be built using a ROMFS.

>> The main thing I remember is that your "ROM" data needs
>> to be 32 byte aligned (the ROMFS wants it that way for
>> some reason)
>
> Yes, I read the same thing somewhere. But I though that
> that was taken care by the MTAB_ENTRY, since that is where
> the pointer to the  ROM data is passed.
>
> How do you align data on a 32 bit boundary?

At least one crude way is in the example.  Other possibilities
would be to add a special section to your link that's aligned
properly.

Gary Thomas                 |
MLB Associates              |  Consulting for the
+1 (970) 229-1963           |    Embedded world
http://www.mlbassoc.com/    |
email: <gary@mlbassoc.com>  |
gpg: http://www.chez-thomas.org/gary/gpg_key.asc