[ECOS] FW: [ECOS] Mailboxes - priorities of messages

sandeep sandeep@codito.com
Tue Jun 29 12:12:00 GMT 2004

Just my two cents. what about --
* putting your mailboxex as an array of mailbox and assign and manage priorities
in similar ways as in case of process scheduling
* or keep single mailbox, and add priority to message, while inseting the
message, make sure that things remain sorted based on priority of messages.

> I have had the same problem in one of my projects and what I did is trigger
> the receive process using a semaphore and have it check multiple mailboxes,
> the one with the highest priority first and the one with the lowest priority
> last. Also I made my own mailbox implementation which uses the eCos Mailbox
> API to implement the actual message queue, the only thing my mailbox does
> extra is trigger the semaphore every time a message is placed in the queue,
> so that the receive process will start. The sending process only has to
> place the message in the correct mailbox, which corresponds to the priority
> of the message.....
>
> Greetings,
>    Han

regards
sandeep
Gnagloot, n.:
	A person who leaves all his ski passes on his jacket just to
impress people.
		-- Rich Hall, "Sniglets"