[ECOS] Re: eCos on 80186?

John Newlin jnewlin@rawbw.com
Wed Jun 23 20:19:00 GMT 2004

>At one point in time, there was somebody who claimed to have
>ported eCos to another 32-bit compiler, but I don't know if
>the work was ever made public...

We have Redboot compiling and running with Tensilica's compiler for the
Xtensa architecture.  Their compiler uses the gcc front end, and then a
different back end.  I tried compiling a simple ECOS application, and it
linked ok, but I haven't tried running it yet, so I'm not sure if all of
the constructor initialization works.

At some point in time we would like to contribute back our changes.

-john