[ECOS] PPP on the synthetic target.

Alf Nilsson alf.nilsson@abem.se
Thu Jun 10 21:03:00 GMT 2004

Nick Garnett wrote:

>Alf Nilsson <alf.nilsson@abem.se> writes:
>

>>Has anyone managed to build the PPP package on the synthetic target?
>>I've been trying to build the target from todays(2004-06-10) source
>>from the anonCVS.
>>I've tried including both the openbsd stack and the freebsd stack,
>>both generate different compile errors.
>>(most of the compile errors are due to either redefinitions and/or
>>missing include files)
>>
>>It feels like I'm missing something rather basic, so I would be
>>grateful to know if someone has managed to compile before I start
>>debugging.
>>

>The PPP package has never been tried in the synthetic target. There's
>no reason why it would not work, but it needs a serial device driver,
>which I don't believe exists for the synthetic target.

I have found a serial device driver that seems to work satisfactory, at
least for our needs.
I've downloaded it from :
http://www.elatec.si/devel.html

But the problems I've stumbled into were network related, for example
the openbsd_net package contains a file that includes <sys/uio.h>
On my system the file "/usr/include/linux/sys/uio.h" gets included
instead, AFAIU the openbsd_net package should have a file that matches
the uio.h file found in the freebsd_net package.
When using the freebsd_net package I run into trouble because I lack an
ethernet driver. I will look into these problems a bit deeper now I know
that it hasn't been tested.

Regards,
Alf Nilsson