[ECOS] Exception handing on The A&M's AdderII board

Gary Thomas gary@mlbassoc.com
Thu Jun 3 16:21:00 GMT 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 08:56, Tzahi wrote:
> Dear eCos user:
> When I read the interrupt vector from the RAM I saw that the same interrupt
> handler function pointer is registered 0x7C7143A6.
> The only exception for it had been the first SYSTEM RESET/NMI that had the
> 0x3C600000 value .
> The same had been found for the ROM.
> If I understand this right that eCoc uses the same function for handling all
> the ISRs (registered in the hal_interrupt_handlers table)
> Does anyone know where can I find the code of the 0x7C7143A6 function?
> Can someone please explain how does this interrupt arbitration is done in
> the AdderII?

Interrupt "vectors" on the PowerPC contain instructions, not pointers.
Please read a PowerPC programming guide to understand this.

As for how interrupts are decoded on the Adder (or any MPC8xx device),
this is handled in hal/powerpc/mpc8xx/current/src/var_intr.c
Refer to the MPC8xx manual for the details (in your case MPC866UM_D.pdf)

--

Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>

MLB Associates