[ECOS] 16bit RAM

sandeep sandeep@codito.com
Tue Jun 1 06:34:00 GMT 2004

Hi Sven,
> again a problem using 16bit RAM.
> The RAM is connected to an ARM7 (AT91R40008) and is working.
> The RAM is addressed as a 16bit memory without byte select lines (the
> flash is connected the same way). I can read and write but if I do a
> strcpy(a,"/dev/ser0");
> the string in "a" is "/dev/ser".
did you try stepping through above strcpy call? that might help you further.
my guess is if you try strcpy(a,"/dev/ser00"); (for that matter any even length
string) you are likely to get what you expect, assuming buffer pointed by a is
big enough.

> The next thing is reading from the serial port. With another board I get
> one byte by
> 		int read ;
> 		len = 1 ;
> 		cyg_io_read(handleComPort, &read, &len);
> 	and e.g. read = 0x24 ("$").
>
> With the new board I get
> 		read = 0x2424 ("$$").
I have one small doubt here, say if two characters were read, is $$ , what you
expect? what is the outcome of cyg_io_read call, when len=1/2/3/4 and what you
expect in each case?

--
regards
sandeep