[ECOS] redboot problems

jasmine kohli jasubang@yahoo.com
Thu Jul 22 15:08:00 GMT 2004

hi everyone,

i have a problem while trying to port Redboot to my
target board with MPC852T as the target processor.

I have the following setting for target in ecos.db
target xyz {
        alias{ "XYZ PPC852 board" xyz852 }
        packages {CYGPKG_HAL_POWERPC
                  CYGPKG_HAL_POWERPC_MPC8xx
                  CYGPKG_HAL_POWERPC_XYZ
                  CYGPKG_HAL_QUICC
                  CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_POWERPC_QUICC_SMC
        }
and the following package in my hal_powerpc_xyz.cdl
file
cdl_package CYGPKG_HAL_POWERPC_XYZ {
    display       "XYZ PowerPC evaluation board"
    parent        CYGPKG_HAL_POWERPC
    requires      CYGPKG_HAL_POWERPC_MPC8xx
    define_header hal_powerpc_xyz.h
    include_dir   cyg/hal

    compile       hal_diag.c hal_aux.c xyz.S

    implements    CYGINT_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_SUPPORT
    implements    CYGNUM_HAL_QUICC_SMC1

the problem that when i try to bring up redboot on my
board, the code hangs in the call to the
set_debug_comm function by hal_if_init.
if i comment out set_debug_comm calls in hal_if_init,
it hangs in the call to the function
hal_plf_comms_init

can anyone plz suggest where i could be going wrong .

regards,
jasmine