[ECOS] Synth environment malloc seg faults under Fedora Linux

Dan Jakubiec djakubiec@yahoo.com
Fri Jan 30 16:23:00 GMT 2004

We've been running the eCos synthetic environment under RedHat Linux
9.0 for quite awhile now.  Recently, I installed a new development
system running Fedora Core 1 (the new RedHat; RedHat 10?), rebuilt
everything on the new machine, and the synth environment no longer
runs.

When I run the synth environment (with --io) it keeps getting
segmentation faults down in
Cyg_Mempool_dlmalloc_Implementation::try_alloc() at the last call to
set_head().  This function is called in response to init-time malloc()
requests.

I'm about to start in on figuring out what the problem is, but I wanted
to check if anyone has run into this yet.  Our code based is mostly
based on the eCos v2.0 release with some miscellaneous patches.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

--
Dan Jakubiec