[ECOS] Re: arm-elf-gdb incompatibility with cygwin1.dll 1.5.6-1

John Dallaway jld@ecoscentric.com
Tue Jan 27 17:07:00 GMT 2004

Hi Øyvind

Øyvind Harboe wrote:

> I'm no expert on cygwin1.dll compatibility issues, but I at one point
> had to delete the cygwin1.dll that was shipped with the arm-elf
> toolchain I downloaded from sources.redhat.com/ecos.
>
> I believe that cygwin1.dll does not support side-by-side installs on the
> same system.

It is not possible to use multiple versions of cygwin1.dll at the same
time, but it is possible to switch between multiple Cygwin installations
if you take care to quit all Cygwin applications first and then modify
both the PATH and the mount table.

> Today I ran into a compatibility issue w/cygwin1.dll 1.5.6-1. When I run
> arm-elf-gdb I get the following error:
>
> "The procedure entry point reent_data could not be located in the
> dynamic link library cygwin1.dll."

I cannot reproduce this with Cygwin 1.5.7 (sic). Perhaps the issue you
report has now been resolved.

John Dallaway
eCosCentric Limited