[ECOS] Support for Motorola MCF5282

Alex Schuilenburg alexs@ecoscentric.com
Mon Jan 26 16:39:00 GMT 2004

Dieter Schaefer wrote:
[...]
> PS: I really don't understand why this 'broken MCF5272 port' isn't
> removed from anoncvs. It is just useless, and people wast their time
> trying to get it to work. It doesn't even compile !
> Maybe, it's just kind of 'flypaper' from eCosCentric ?

The original port has nothing to do with eCosCentric, it was a public
contribution.

Without hardware or tools to test contributed ports or work, the eCos
maintainers are reliant on the individual contributors for the quality
and stability of such contributed code.  The maintainers also have a
policy of not removing functionality once it has been checked into
anoncvs leaving developers the choice of either ignoring it or fixing
it.  Removing the code does not give the developer any choice and the
MCF5272 port is a case in point.

-- Alex

--
Managing Director / CEO                           eCosCentric Limited
http://www.ecoscentric.com/              The eCos and RedBoot experts