[ECOS] arm-elf-gdb incompatibility with cygwin1.dll 1.5.6-1

Øyvind Harboe oyvind.harboe@zylin.com
Mon Jan 26 12:08:00 GMT 2004

I'm no expert on cygwin1.dll compatibility issues, but I at one point
had to delete the cygwin1.dll that was shipped with the arm-elf
toolchain I downloaded from sources.redhat.com/ecos.

I believe that cygwin1.dll does not support side-by-side installs on the
same system.

Today I ran into a compatibility issue w/cygwin1.dll 1.5.6-1. When I run
arm-elf-gdb I get the following error:

"The procedure entry point reent_data could not be located in the
dynamic link library cygwin1.dll."

When I reverted to cygwin1.dll 1.5.5-1, it worked again.

The 1.5.6-1 Jan 19 release note does not mention reent_data.

http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2004-01/msg00010.html

Øyvind