[ECOS] problem using SMC1 serial port of A&M Rattler as console

agyhoo agyhoo@yahoo.com
Tue Jan 20 16:39:00 GMT 2004

Gary,

I am using the latest sources.. I updated my repo today
and tried some more tests. Here are my findings.

When I use the default template for the A&M Rattler, the
SMC1 port works fine (i.e., I get a nice clean Hello eCos
World! message on the console).

When I try to use the net template, the same Hello World
application produces nothing. I also tried running some of
the tests (serial and ping_lo_loopback) with similar
results ..ie no console output when using the net template.

Is there some possible conflict with the network stack?

- Anunoy