[ECOS] Porting Problem with stdout

Andrew Lunn andrew@lunn.ch
Fri Jan 16 19:57:00 GMT 2004

On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 04:38:33PM -0800, dries wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are trying to port eCos to a PXA250 board. It seems that a lot of the init
> code is working already however printing to stdout (printf) shows output but
> uses memory from adres 0x00000000 meaning that our reset and irq vectors are
> overwritten by  the call to printf. This probably is the reason that our
> clock isn't running etc. .. .

This is a classic dereferenced null pointer. The way to track this
down is to use gdb. Look at the memory at 0x0 and check it has the
correct contents. Then single step a few lines of code. Then check the
contents again. At some point the memory around 0x0 will change. Look
at the lines of code that caused the problem.

   Andrew