[ECOS] Deferring network initialisation

robin_singh@gmx.net robin_singh@gmx.net
Fri Jan 16 07:25:00 GMT 2004

Greetings.

For a certain application, I need to defer the network initialisation until
a particular event occurs.
I am aware that this can be achieved by a call to
init_all_network_interfaces ().

However, apparently a call is being made to this function at system init
time when the static constructors are invoked sequentially by
cyg_hal_invoke_constructors ().

Is there a formal method of deferring network initialisation which will not
entail hacking into the constructor calling sequence ?

If not, what is the cleanest way I can do this ?

Many thanks and regards,
robin