[ECOS] Re: conflict between winsock2.h and socket.h

John Dallaway jld@ecoscentric.com
Sun Jan 11 09:22:00 GMT 2004

Kevin Lin wrote:

>     I have followed
>     http://www.ecoscentric.com/devzone/configtool.shtml to build
>     configtool.
>
>     It works on Linux, bit I got some problems on Windows.
>
>     My commands:
>     $ cd ~/Sandbox/CT2-Win/
>     $ make configtool-build-20040104
>     $ cd configtool-build-20040104
>     $ make -f
>     ../ecos/host/tools/configtool/standalone/wxwin/makefile.gnu
>     install WXDIR=$HOME/Sandbox/CT2-Win/wxMSW-2.4.2 \
>     ECOSSRCDIR=$HOME/Sandbox/CT2-Win/ecos/host \
>     INSTALLDIR=$HOME/Sandbox/CT2-Win/ecos-tool >& make.out
>
>     When I tried the 3rd step:  "Build and install the eCos Configuration Tool (INSTALLDIR must
>     match the eCos host infrastructure prefix):"
>
>     I got errors: conflict between winsock2.h and  socket.h
>     I use wxMSW-2.4.2
>
>     Any clue ?

I suspect that this build error is a consequence of recent changes to
one or more of the Cygwin header files. If you are able to resolve this
yourself, I would be interested to review the patches. Otherwise, you
may wish to use an earlier snapshot of the relevant Cygwin packages. The
eCos 2.0 CD-ROM provides a set of Cygwin packages which will allow
building of the current eCos Configuration Tool sources.

John Dallaway
eCosCentric Limited