[ECOS] New User: Linux Synth Help

Richardson, Anthony ar63@evansville.edu
Thu Jan 8 15:56:00 GMT 2004

I've built the Linux synthetic target library using the default
configtool options and I've built the example programs.  I've
also built the I/O auxiliary per the ref manual instructions.
The examples seem to run fine except when I try to use the ecosynth
I/O auxiliary program.  Then I get the following error:

  $ ./hello --io
  Error: failed to execute the I/O auxiliary.

I think it is finding the auxiliary program okay, because I get
a different error if my PATH does not include the auxiliary:

  $ ./hello --io
  Error: unable to fine the I/O auxiliary program on the current search
PATH
       : please install the appropriate host-side tools.

I can run the auxiliary program directly from the command line, but it
exits
with an error:

  $ /opt/ecos/ecos-2.0/tools/libexec/ecos/hal/synth/arch/v2_0/ecosynth
  Tcl_RegisterChannel: duplicate channel names
  Aborted

I'm using 2.0 and not a CVS snapshot.

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks,