[ECOS] Memory pools?

John Newlin jnewlin@rawbw.com
Thu Jan 8 01:58:00 GMT 2004

Is there a memory pool sub-allocator in ECOS?

Here's the deal, my chip has two memories in disjoint address space.  A
large memory, and a small but low latency memory.  Question is how to
present that to the programmer.  In other OS's there were ways to alloc
a big chunk of memory and then sub allocate within that block to prevent
memory fragmentation.  Is there a similiar mechanism in ecos, and I
could just fake it out with the addresses of my small memory?

Alternately is there a simple/free memory allocator I can use somewhere?

Thanks,

-john