[ECOS] __pci_window

Leandro Fanzone leandro@hasar.com
Fri Jan 2 20:16:00 GMT 2004

I'm trying to use a 386 board with a very limited amount of RAM. I was
playing around with the memory map, and I found out that the label
called __pci_window takes about 400k in the GRUB target. Can someone
tell me what is that for? It really needs to reserve that much amount of
memory? I'm thinking on using 2MB RAM on board, and those 400k are just
too much. Also I noticed that GRUB will load the code above 1MB, which
worries me too. Is there a way to use those 640k that are below? If I
modify the memory map to spread the program below, GRUB will complain
saying that loading below 1MB is not supported.
Thank you in advance,

Leandro Fanzone.