[ECOS] MPC860 - devs/serial/quicc

Gary Thomas gary@mlbassoc.com
Fri Jan 2 16:17:00 GMT 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-02 at 09:11, nprasad3@gmu.edu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does the serial device driver support SCC1? I could see
> only conditionals for SMC1 and SMC2 but hal/powerpc/quicc
> has support for SCC1.
>
> In order for me to utilize SCC1 as the serial port under
> eCos would I have to provide support for it under devs/serial/quicc?

All combinations of SMC1/SMC2/SCC1/SCC2/SCC3/SCC4 should be supported
for both diagnostic I/O and high-level (interrupt driven) drivers.
Get the latest CVS - not all of this was in v2.0

Look at the A&M Viper for examples of how to configure using both
SMC1 & SCC1, including console (RedBoot) and /dev/serX I/O

--
Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>
MLB Associates