[ECOS] STLport with iostreams up and running

Jonathan Larmour jifl@eCosCentric.com
Thu Feb 26 21:51:00 GMT 2004

Øyvind Harboe wrote:
>>2. What C++ functions does STLport add to eCos?
>
> I don't know of anything that is missing.

I see from the patch it isn't thread-safe (stl_user_config.h).

>>I know that it will add iostreams, but will it allow me to use
>>try/catch exception handing inside my
>>classes or even RTTI? I have read the online docs but it would be useful to
>>make sure that it applies to the eCos port.
>
> Exceptions work(they don't require STLport). I've even added support for multithreaded
> exceptions to eCos. Nobody has commented on the patch though.

Probably because that patch breaks the user namespace, and in any case is
for SJLJ exceptions.

March 30 - April 1, San Francisco http://www.esconline.com/electronicaUSA/