[ECOS] ecos, eCosCentric and the rest of the world

Doyle, Patrick WPD@dtccom.com
Fri Feb 20 14:55:00 GMT 2004

> As for your argument about those who pay and those who do
> not, I fear I have little sympathy.  I make my *entire
> living*, as do my colleagues at eCosCentric, by providing
> support and consulting on eCos.  I am much more inclined to
> help those that are willing to pay than those that do not.
> On the other hand, I am also more than willing to share what
> I can to the community freely.  The fact that I can get paid
> for this, in support of certain customers, allows me the
> ability to share what I can with the public.
>
> ... TANSTAAFL

I, for one, have been amazed at the amount of support that is provided to
the community by Gary, Andrew, Jonathan, Bart, Mark, Nick, (help me out
here... I know I am missing other folks -- please forgive me if I forgot
somebody).  I find it difficult enough just to peruse the mailing list on a
semi-occasional basis, much less answer the "How do I get eCos running on
_this_ particular hardware that you've never heard of, but is almost just
like this other one that you have heard of", questions that these folks
consistently and patiently answer.

I don't want to turn this into a firefight either, but I do want to say
thanks.

Thanks.

--wpd