[ECOS] To: Ricardo Andrino about eb40A

Jonathan Larmour jifl@eCosCentric.com
Fri Feb 20 03:11:00 GMT 2004

Marcelo wrote:
> Hi Jonathan
>
> Result of arm-elf-gcc -v:
>     My configure file does not include that "--with-gc=simple" line. (I
> think that was your objective with arm-elf-gcc -v command, right?)
>     And gcc version is 3.2.1
>
> About the downloads, I did they from
> http://ecos.sourceware.org/build-toolchain.html. And I followed all steps on
> ecos.sourceware.org site. That's my information source site, my first
> contact with eCos was on it.
>
> I saw the message link you sent me and that's my problem too.
> I'm using Win98......
>
> Does revert to an earlier Cygwin.dll implies a new Cygwin install or only a
> file replacement?

File replacement, but I'm not sure you can get old enough versions of the
cygwin DLL any more.

> Does the toolchain Re-Build need any kind of Uninstall before it? Do you
> know where can I found this Uninstall procedment (if it's necessary)?

No, you can just put the new toolchain in the same place as the old one.

> Do I need a RTOS like eCos If I only need to compile, debug and download a
> file image into the AT91EB40A FLASH  memory via Wiggler? Can I do these only
> with Cygwin and GNU toolchain? I saw something at an OCDemon or a MacGraigor
> sites.

I don't believe those help you program the flash.

> PS:
> Are toolchain and toolkit the same thing?

Probably yes :-).

> What's exactly a prebuilt file? How can I Know this? Is it about the tar
> extension?

Prebuilt just means someone's already built it for you so you don't have to
build it. But in your case, you will have to rebuild with --with-gc=simple

Visit us at Embedded World 2004, Nürnberg, Germany, 17-19 Feb, Stand 12-449