[ECOS] Re: VxWorks type embedded "shell" for eCos

Kelvin Lawson klawson@ad-holdings.co.uk
Fri Feb 6 10:09:00 GMT 2004

Coming from a VxWorks background this is also something I miss. Because
of this I wrote a similar shell for Nucleus in a previous job, so I may
be able to help.

My favourite feature was the ability to call C functions from the shell,
and I liked having access to the symbol table. Good integration of the
symbol table and shell is useful, so you can use symbol names instead of
addresses in breakpoint calls, spawned C functions, setting variable
values etc.

Cheers,
Kelvin.