[ECOS] Newbiew question: configuration error, no target.ld created

Gary Thomas gary@mlbassoc.com
Mon Dec 20 22:05:00 GMT 2004

On Mon, 2004-12-20 at 12:20, Dave Rentoul wrote:
> Hi eCos Discussion group,
>
> I've pasted the last  five lines I receive when buidling libraries for
> my board. The result is that no install/lib directory files
> (libtarget.a, target.ld etc) are created. Could someone please tell me
> what "tail not found" means and a possible solution.
>
> Cheers, Dave Rentoul
>
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/ecos-work/e800_build/hal/arm/arch/v2_0'
> tail: not found
> make: Leaving directory `/usr/ecos-work/e800_build'
> make[1]: *** [arm.inc] Error 127
> make: *** [build] Error 2

It means that the make tried to run a program called 'tail' which is
quite a standard utility that shows the last [few] lines of a file.

You should check your path settings.  Make sure you can run 'tail FILE'
on some arbitrary file from your shell.

--
Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>
MLB Associates