[ECOS] Re: ecos-c and /cygdrive/c

John Dallaway jld@ecoscentric.com
Thu Dec 16 12:56:00 GMT 2004

Hi Richard

Richard Deeley wrote:

> OK, after much battling I finally got configtool to run under
> a new copy of cygwin. It seems to be sort of working (no warnings
> and build gets through a number of stages before it finally dies)
>
> But now I am stuck with the somewhat evil /ecos-c mount issue.
> This affects cygpath and consequently numerous other apps (such
> as rebuilding gcc, which it seems I may need to fix one of the
> ecos related problems)

I am intending to get rid of the /ecos-N mounts soon. This hack was
required to guarantee text-mode access to source files for use with very
old eCos toolchains. More recent toolchains do not care whether the
sources are accessed via a filesystem mounted in binary mode or text mode.

> Is there a way of building ecos in a way that it will use
> /cygdrive/c rather than /ecos-c ? And/or is there some way
> of tweaking existing files so that it would be happy with
> /cygdrive/c instead ?

You can modify the behaviour of the eCos host tools using the
ECOS_USE_CYGDRIVE symbol in:

    host/tools/configtool/common/common/build.cxx

John Dallaway
eCosCentric Limited