[ECOS] routing

jared jared robotjared6@yahoo.com
Wed Dec 15 20:16:00 GMT 2004

when i do this on my rh linux box:
route add -net 192.168.5.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 eth3

i get a new entry in my routing table that does
exactly what i want, direct all 192.168.5.X traffic to
my eth3 NIC:

192.168.5.0     *               255.255.255.0   U
0      0        0 eth3

how can i get this same functionality on ecos?  my
target has two stack interfaces(WAN and LAN)

when i add my route with ioctl, i fill out the route
structure:

dest - 192.168.2.0
mask - 255.255.255.0
gw - 0

and set flags for RTF_UPonly

i also set the devname in the route.rt_dev, but it
seems as though this isn't ever used to determine
which interface to add the route.  how am i supposed
to specify the interface that i want to use for my
route?

i took my code and compiled it on linux and i get the
exact same funtionality as my "route add" example
above, but on ecos i get a route on the incorrect
interface.

what am i doing wrong?

The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
http://my.yahoo.com