[ECOS] "Ignoring packet error" in GDB

leslie egeus@rocketmail.com
Sun Dec 12 17:26:00 GMT 2004

Hi all,

I still couldn't get my program to execute on the board.
So I tried using the GDB to see whats the error messages generated, but
there are some problems. I managed to connect to the target (program
stopped at 0x180771c), but while downloading the program onto the
board, I got the "Ignoring packet error" message.

I checked for similar problems discussed in the mailing list but I
don't think its due to downloading program in a non RAM region, as in
most cases I found. My RAM region is from address 0x0000-0x48000 and
from my available RAM is from 0x168A0-0x48000. The various sections
were downloaded to region before 0x168A0 (thats region used by Redboot
for vector tables and runtime data right?). And the errors occured
while loading the sections. So what could be the reason that I failed
to download the program for debugging?

What does it mean by eCos application is not position independent? Is
it okay to run the program as long as I load it in the free RAM region?
>From what I read in the documentations, after loading the image eCos
should know where to start execution. Do I have to define the location
to load the image in the linker file?

Thanks!

Rgds,
Leslie

P.S. Sorry Gary, I accidentally sent the mail to you instead of sending
to the group. Think I also sent a similar mail last Friday.