[ECOS] Re: Thread-aware debugging w/ Redboot on ARM?

Paul D. DeRocco pderocco@ix.netcom.com
Wed Dec 8 17:50:00 GMT 2004

> From: Roland Caßebohm (by way of Roland Caßebohm
>
> Maybe you could make your sourcecode available? I'm thinking
> about porting a jtagtool like "jtager" to eCos as host and as
> a result I want to have one day an JTAG adapter which could
> in the first step only burn FLASH via JTAG, but in a second
> step could also debug the target.
>
> Therefor it should talk the gdb remote protocol. Having
> special support for operating systems for multi threading
> would be perfect.

The question is this: how does a JTAG debugger manipulate threads, without
duplicating the knowledge of the thread structure layout in the JTAG
interface? Is it possible for the JTAG debugger to initiate a subroutine
call through the virtual vector to the eCos thread function, and trap the
return?

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco