[ECOS] Re: Thread-aware debugging w/ Redboot on ARM?

Roland Caßebohm roland.cassebohm@VisionSystems.de
Wed Dec 8 14:14:00 GMT 2004

Am Mittwoch, 8. Dezember 2004 14:05 schrieben Sie:
> Roland Caßebohm wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Am Mittwoch, 8. Dezember 2004 01:07 schrieb Alex

Schuilenburg:
> >>Grant Edwards wrote:
> >>[...]
> >>
> >>It is more than just theory... :-)  We have done this for
> >> a couple of different CPUs using JTAG and ICE.  Just
> >> think gdb server ;-)
> >
> > How did you do that? Making a special gdb server deamon
> > which connects via a JTAG adapter?
>
> Yes, exactly.  A gdbserver daemon that talks gdb protocol
> to a gdb client, interpreting the requests from that gdb
> client, and uses a JTAG/whatever device to extract the
> information from the target.

Maybe you could make your sourcecode available? I'm thinking
about porting a jtagtool like "jtager" to eCos as host and as
a result I want to have one day an JTAG adapter which could
in the first step only burn FLASH via JTAG, but in a second
step could also debug the target.

Therefor it should talk the gdb remote protocol. Having
special support for operating systems for multi threading
would be perfect.

Roland