[ECOS] Re: Thread-aware debugging w/ Redboot on ARM?

Alex Schuilenburg alexs@ecoscentric.com
Wed Dec 8 13:07:00 GMT 2004

Roland Caßebohm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Mittwoch, 8. Dezember 2004 01:07 schrieb Alex Schuilenburg:
>
>>Grant Edwards wrote:
>>[...]
>>>
>>>Yes.  In theory it could.
>>
>>It is more than just theory... :-)  We have done this for a
>>couple of different CPUs using JTAG and ICE.  Just think
>>gdb server ;-)
>

> How did you do that? Making a special gdb server deamon which
> connects via a JTAG adapter?

Yes, exactly.  A gdbserver daemon that talks gdb protocol to a gdb
client, interpreting the requests from that gdb client, and uses a
JTAG/whatever device to extract the information from the target.

HTH
-- Alex