[ECOS] Memory Map Urgent!

Ruchika Singh rusingh@ecs.umass.edu
Tue Dec 7 23:50:00 GMT 2004

Hi:

I had a doubt regarding memory map for threads. Where does the initialized/
uninitialized data or dynamic data associated with threads ( created using
cyg_thread_create) end up. What i mean to ask is that are there separate
rodata, bss, .data sections for threads or are they interleaved with those of
ecos sections itself.
If interleaved.. what logic defines their locations.
If I create a object using malloc call in a thread A, where is this object
likely to be placed. Or is it that any data associated with thread will end up
in its associated stack??

I would really appreciate your inputs.

Thanks
-R.