[ECOS] Watchdog

Wayne Gemmell wayneg@ananzi.co.za
Tue Dec 7 13:54:00 GMT 2004

On Thursday 02 December 2004 18:33, David N. Welton wrote:
> Wayne Gemmell <wayneg@ananzi.co.za> writes:
> > Hi all
> >
> > Heres a real C/C++ newbie question. How do I implement a timer? The
> > header file is timer.hxx and when I include it into my C code I get many
> > errors. Could anyone shed some light?
>
> You might consider this book, which afaik, has a free version on line.
> It covers a lot of the 'newbie' type stuff in eCos pretty well.
Hi, I'm ordering this book but it won't come soon enough (Shipping to South
Africa). Could somebody please point me to the online version in the mean
time.

In the same grain as my previous question, can i use the watchdog class in my
C code?

I have come to the conclusion that the watchdog periodicaly checks for a
response and if there is no response resets the hardware, is this correct.

Are the following lines sufficient to get watchdog to perform this function?
The example doesn't really show the purpose of the watchdog(I did read the
FAQ)

Cyg_Watchdog::watchdog.start();
Cyg_Watchdog::watchdog.reset();

Using the above lines I get errors about duplicate errors, should I move my
code to C++? Is this as easy as changing compilers?

Cheers
Wayne