[ECOS] Thread-aware debugging w/ Redboot on ARM?

Grant Edwards grante@visi.com
Mon Dec 6 20:20:00 GMT 2004

Is thread aware debugging using Redboot/eCos on ARM supported?
I've searched the documentation and mailing list, and can only
find vague references that thread-aware debugging is supported
on "some platforms".  I can't find anywhere that lists what
platforms are supported and which thread-aware features are
supported.

What exactly is included in "thread awareness" when using
GDB/Redboot?  Two featuers in particular come to mind:

 * Set breakpoints that are specific to a thread?

 * Stop/step one thread while others contunue to run?  [I assume
   not, since it looks like GDB doesn't support this concept.]

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com