[ECOS] Problem with V850 serial interface

Andrew Lunn andrew@lunn.ch
Thu Dec 2 14:05:00 GMT 2004

On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 02:53:52PM +0100, Cristoforo Abbattista wrote:
> Hi all
>
> We are trying to integrate the C328-7640 camera (OV528 chip) inside an application
> based on eCos OS on a Nec V850. This should be done by sending serial
> command through the RS-232 interface.
>
> While we are able to develop a Visual Basic program to exchange
> information between a PC and the camera board, we never receive
> information through the V850 chipset.
>
> For sure we are able to send serial command, because we monitor them
> connecting the V850 to the PC port.
>
> Some hints to understand why we are experiencing such a
> problem? And also something to solve the problem?
>
> The Receiving buffer of the V850 is always empty.
> In the past we connect other serial devices to V850 and they worked.

Have you checked the usual problems:

Flow control, number of bits, parity etc...

Are you using the full serial driver or just the hal_diag driver. You
should be using the full driver for this sort of application.

        Andrew