[ECOS] Re: eCos- Thread cycle time...

Grant Edwards grante@visi.com
Mon Aug 30 16:44:00 GMT 2004

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 06:24:01PM +0200, Gorjup Matthias wrote:

> What is the default cycle time for threads in eCos platform ?

I don't understand the question.  What do you mean by "cycle
time"?

> For example is it possible to process one Rx frame in a high priority task
> thread in 4 ms? ( Of course it depends on the length of frame however the
> question is ; is it possible to process less than 10 msec or a thread in
> eCos steps in every 10msec ? )

Sure.  10ms is just the timer tick frequency.  The only thing
it affects is the granularity of things like cyg_thread_delay().
If your thread is blocked waiting for a frame, it will wake up
when the frame arrives regardless of the system timer tick
period.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com