[ECOS] free-bsd tcp/ip stack problems on mbx821

Gary Thomas gary@mlbassoc.com
Mon Aug 23 11:51:00 GMT 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-23 at 03:29, Wager Philipp wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got problems getting any tcp-session established with the free-bsd
> tcp/ip stack on my mbx821 board.
>
> Has anyone tested the stack on mbx hardware yet?

AFAIK, none of the developers have access to MBX hardware anymore.
That said, eCos runs on a myriad of PowerPC processors and, yes,
we've tested [the daylights] out of the network stack.

> The problem seems to arise from bad tcp checksums calculated in
> in_delayed_cksum() from ip_output.c
>
> I'm using latest cvs checkout ecos sources
> and prebuild toolchain from ecoscentric (gcc version 3.2.1)
>
> Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

Have you run the standard tests?
Can you produce a test case [failure] which might be duplicated
elsewhere?

--
Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>
MLB Associates