[ECOS] Building toolchain for CalmRISC16 failed

Bart Veer bartv@ecoscentric.com
Sat Aug 21 09:59:00 GMT 2004

    Udo> Could anyone tell me what I did wrong? Calrisc16 is supported
    Udo> according to the website info. Please help.
    >>
    >> According to which website info?

    Udo> http://ecos.sourceware.org/hardware.html#CalmRISC and other places like
    Udo> http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/redboot/calmrisc16.html etc.

    Udo> BTW: target should be 'calm16_ceb'.

    >> The build-toolchain page you
    >> reference does not mention calmrisc. Off-hand I don't know whether or
    >> not the binutils 2.13.1 release had support for that architecture, it
    >> may have been merged in later. I suggest you try the binutils mailing
    >> list.

    Udo> I searched the binutils sources quickly (configure, docs,
    Udo> cpu) for calmrisc references. I found none. If the binutils
    Udo> don't support CalmRISC and eCos says it does some sort of
    Udo> patch is needed?

    Udo> Does anyone here have an idea about this situation? Who can
    Udo> explain me how to make CalmRISC work?

IIRC the eCos CalmRISC port was done inside Red Hat, using a toolchain
provided by the gcc folks inside the company. I do not know if or when
the relevant toolchain patches were contributed to the net versions of
binutils and gcc. If the 2.13.1 binutils configure step does not
recognise calmrisc as a valid target then that implies the
contribution had not happened at the time the 2.13.1 release was made.

I repeat, you should ask this question on the binutils mailing list.

Bart

--
Bart Veer                       eCos Configuration Architect