[ECOS] Building toolchain for CalmRISC16 failed

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh@xs4all.nl
Sat Aug 21 08:48:00 GMT 2004

Hello,

http://ecos.sourceware.org/hardware.html#CalmRISC and other places like
http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/redboot/calmrisc16.html etc.

BTW: target should be 'calm16_ceb'.

> The build-toolchain page you
> reference does not mention calmrisc. Off-hand I don't know whether or
> not the binutils 2.13.1 release had support for that architecture, it
> may have been merged in later. I suggest you try the binutils mailing
> list.

I searched the binutils sources quickly (configure, docs, cpu) for calmrisc
references. I found none.
If the binutils don't support CalmRISC and eCos says it does some sort of
patch is needed?

Does anyone here have an idea about this situation? Who can explain me how
to make CalmRISC work?

Kind regards,
Udo