[ECOS] Problems with cyg_io_read

Amanda Heyward amanda_heyward@yahoo.com
Fri Aug 20 16:52:00 GMT 2004

Hi Andrew,
     Thanks for the reply. I'm using the anon-cvs, as
that is the only way to get the EB40A working. I
assume that choosing the EB40A template also selects
the drivers from the anon-cvs. my serial port speed is
115200. and I'm not using any flow control.

In my read function, I'm using a cyg_uint8 *array as
the receiving buffer at the application end i.e the
data type cyg_io_read reads into is a cyg_uint8 type.
The sending application from the pc is implemented in
java, and the data type it sends is byte.
Interestingly if I use hyperterminal, and use a chr
array as the receiving buffer, then there is no
problem at all.
could this be the cause of the trouble.

Thanks you very much.

Amanda.