[ECOS] problems about porting redboot

Andrew Lunn andrew@lunn.ch
Fri Aug 20 08:13:00 GMT 2004

On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 04:05:42PM +0800, Yuan Jianghai wrote:
> I want to port RedBoot to a PowerPC 7400 platform and there are some
> problems confused me.
> 1. Need I porting the whole HAL to the new platform?
> 2. Besides HAL, how many other modules also need I port?
> 3. If redbot's debug functions are necessary, need I do some work with gdb?
> 4. Are there something special for building and installing?

See the Porting guide
http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/ref/hal-porting-guide.html

You should only need to do a HAL varient port since the PowerPC is
will supported. You might also need to write a serial device driver,
ethernet driver, watchdog, hardware dependent flash driver etc, it all
depends on your hardware and how much it is like some other device
which eCos supports.

        Andrew