[ECOS] Re: Writing file to host system's OS filesystem

Andrew Lunn andrew@lunn.ch
Wed Aug 18 19:20:00 GMT 2004

On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 05:29:53PM +0000, Samie Hassan Ghauri wrote:
> Thanks for your advise on how to access a file by including a romfs image
> in my code.
>
> I was just wondering could you suggest any idea on how can I write any file
> to my host OS (i.e Win XP)?

Its not realy your host OS. Its just another OS that can run on the
same machine at some other time. You don't run eCos on top of M$ XP
unlike the synthetic target which does run as a process on Linux.

There is currently no way to do what you want.

What you might find interesting is to make your machine run Linux and
then use the synth target. Using the system call backdoor you can then
access the native host OS Kernel, ie Linux, and so access its
filesystem. You have to be carefull when you do this though. Search
the email archive, its been discussed before.

        Andrew