[ECOS] Redboot (i386pc with IDE Flash)

David Brennan david@brennanhome.com
Thu Aug 12 13:09:00 GMT 2004

Ram size would not be a typical concern in a PC target (I think). We are
running with 256M of RAM, and probably using less that 64M of that. So
I'd be willing to try and juggle the memory, if you could point me in
the correct direction.
Yes, I can load an application with GRUB off the network, but it is not
as convenient as with GDB. (Need to set up TFTP/FTP server? GRUB
documentation was not clear on what (ND) was supported when I scanned
it). But debugging serial would be a real pain. (And one of our apps
will be using both available serial ports on the board for IO, so in
that case it will not be feasible.)

Thanks
David Brennan