[ECOS] Regarding Flash Address to store ROMRAM startup application

Gary Thomas gary@mlbassoc.com
Wed Aug 11 21:08:00 GMT 2004

On Wed, 2004-08-11 at 14:19, Giri Raja wrote:
> Hi,
>    I was experimenting to run a small application on
> the EB40A board without redboot on it. The idea is to
> make the application boot up by itself when powered
> on.
> I configured for ROMRAM startup type and disabled the
> 'Work with ROM Monitor' option in the config file.
> I compiled my application with this configuration and
> used OC Demon Flash Memory Programmer to store the
> executable in the flash (this is how I normally do for
> redboot and it works).when I powered it on, it doesn't
> seem to work. My jumper was set to the user position
> and there is absolutely nothing in the flash other
> than the executable I just loaded.
> Can someone please help me out on this.

I found that I needed a few extra things set to make this work:

cdl_component CYGDBG_HAL_DIAG_TO_DEBUG_CHAN {
    user_value 0
};

cdl_option CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_INCLUDE_STUBS {
    user_value 0
};

cdl_option CYGSEM_HAL_USE_ROM_MONITOR {
    user_value 0