[ECOS] MPC860 + gcc 3.3.2 + STLPort

Tony Butt tjb@cea.com.au
Wed Aug 11 02:28:00 GMT 2004

I followed Oyvind's directions some time ago to enable STLPort with ecos,
and I have a few questions regarding this configuration:

1) Exception handling seems to be totally broken with this compiler. Any
thrown exception of the  form
	throw ("Error Message");
is never caught. I have compiled ecos with -fno-exceptions, and those parts
of my application which need exceptions with -fexceptions - is this likely
to be an issue. If not, is this a known issue, or is there a workaround for
this.
I realise that this is unrelated to the use of STLport.

2) strstreams seems to cause a link problem when an integer data type is
used, eg
  /home/tjb/ecos2.0/v681/STLport/src/locale_impl.cpp:45: multiple definition
of `_STL::num_put<char, _STL::ostreambuf_iterator<char,
_STL::char_traits<char> > >::id'

3) iostreams causes a linker failure (crash) when an integer data type is
used.

Apart from these issues, everything seems to work well...

Oyvind, have you seen any of these problems?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Tony Butt
Software Engineer